Seasons of Me!

"A glimpse into the life of a birder, beach comber, self taught naturalist, an antique dealer, and junker! There are many seasons that happen here!"

Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Snowy Saturday Morning











They predicted it, and we got it. Some more snow. We were so much more lucky than many people further north and east of us though. They are getting hammered with snow! I guess this is good if you like winter and like snow. Me? I am not much of a winter person. Never have been. I can remember as a kid the only reason I went out to play in the snow is because that is where all the other kids were. I was always glad when they were ready to go in! I am a spring and summer person, there is no doubt about that. Here are a few pictures, taken from INSIDE the house! The feeders were loaded with birds until I tried to get pictures, then only the not so camera shy would stay. You know the saying about a watched pot? Well, it holds true for bird feeders too.


Takers at the feeders today included CARDINAL, BLUE JAY, WHITE CROWN SPARROW, JUNCO, CAROLINA CHICKADEE, TUFTED TITMOUSE, MOURNING DOVE, EURASION COLLARED DOVE, DOWNY WOODPECKER, RED-BELLIED WOODPECKER, WHITE BREASTED NUTHATCH, HOUSE FINCH, HOUSE SPARROW, and BROWN HEADED COWBIRD.


The chickadees and the titmice have been hitting the suet especially hard this week. Time to make some more! I also keep a bird bath with a heater in through the winter. It is usually the most popular attraction in the yard...there is that watched pot again!


I also took a picture of my neighbors yard as it look especially pretty in the snow today.

No comments:

Post a Comment